Experience the beauty and the diversity of the Swiss Alps
Experience and breath in the essence of the summer in the Swiss Alps. You’ll stay in atmospheric mountain chalets, surrounded by giant mountains peaks while enjoy a great variety of ambitious hikes along beautiful panoramic trails.
This 3-day experience is packed with fun. You will join a small group of individuals and friends and enjoy being part of a memorable summer mountain adventure in the Alps.
It is the perfect opportunity to relax, have fun, and enjoy a unique Swiss mountain experience, and share your passion of nature and hiking with new friends.
- Two nights in traditional mountain Chalets in the heart of the Swiss Alps over 2000m.
- Trying delicious traditional mountain dishes.
- Exploring stunning but demanding panoramic hiking trails.
- Breathe-in the fresh air.
- Relax with the beauty and tranquillity of the surrounding Alps.
- Have fun with the team and make new friends during the evenings.
- Challenge your body and mind.
We start our adventure at Reusch. From there, we follow a trail what goes through spruce forests, passing bubbling mountain streams and rushing waterfalls up to the Cabine les Diablerets. High cliff walls and giant mountains peaks will take our breaths away during the hike.
Despite the distance is not long, only 7.5 km, by the time we arrive we will have 1200 m ascend behind us, therefore we will spend the rest of the afternoon sitting in the terrasse of the chalet, enjoying a local artisanal beer or the delicious homemade banana- chocolate cake of the hut before dinner. If we are lucky, we will see mountain goats in the nearby mountainside as well.
If you feel like this hike hike is too challenging for you, but don`t want to miss this great Alpine adventure, you can take the cable car as well to reach the accommodation.
The second day, we continue our journey through an alpine trail, what is crossing the Dar glacier before arriving to the Scex Rouge Mountain station. (1.5 km, 400 m ascend, 1h). If you want to take it easy, you can take the cablecar up to Scex Rouge.
Here we will have a bit of a break to look around and enjoy the 360-degree panorama,to discover the only suspension bridge in the world that connects two mountain peaks and to visit the Ice Cathedral.
Then, we continue our hike along the Sanetsch Pass and Sanetschsee, and finally stop for the night near the Col du Sanetsch. (13 km, 900 m descend, 4h).
During the day we have to possibility to enjoy the unique insights and views of the world of water and ice as well as the diverse flora and fauna amidst the rocky landscape.
The last day we continue our adventure with a descend to Gstaad. (7 km, 900 m descend, 2.5 h), where we take the bus to the starting point of our trip. If you feel like you are at the end of your energy, it is also possible to take the Sanetsch cable car this day instead of the downhill walk.
Or, if you feel the distance for this day is too short, you can make a small detour from Col du Pillon to the charming Lake Retaud and back (3 km, 150 m ascend and descend, 1.5h) before you head home.
During this trip we will go with a slow and steady speed and take marked mountain trails and alpine routes. As such, no specific equipment is needed, though a pair of hiking poles will always have a good use. However, due to the difficulty of the hikes, hiking experience and good physical conditions are necessary.
- Both of the lodges we stay in offers traditional Swiss Mountain accommodation and hospitality.
- Each room has several beds, and there is a washing area with a sink to wash your face or and your teeth, but there is no possibility to shower. (Yep, this is part of the traditional mountain experience!)
- Slippers and duvets are provided. Due to Covid restrictions, you are required to bring your own duvet and pillow covers or sleeping bag, and towel.
- Half-board: communal breakfast and a set evening meal is included. Please announce when booking if you have any special dietary requirements. Additional snacks and meals can be purchased separately.
- The cosy communal dining/reception area is the perfect place to warm up after your activities, relax or play games.
Early bird price: 450 CHF
Regular price : 550 CHF
* Including accommodation with half board and uuided hikes. Cable car in any of the days are excluded.